Want to give your stir-fries a healthy, nutrition-packed boost? The simplest solution is to add sea spaghetti - packed full of protein, vitamin C, magnesium and calcium - it adds nourishment, nutrition and also that unmistakable mild taste of the sea.
- 30g Sea Spaghetti
- 2 nests noodles (whole-wheat, buckwheat or soba - use gluten-free noodles to keep the recipe free of gluten)
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 150g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 100g mange tout or sugar snap peas
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp siracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider, white or rice vinegar
- 2-cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Oil (e.g. coconut, sesame or olive)
- To serve: fresh herbs, seeds, chilli flakes
- Cook the sea spaghetti according to packet instructions and leave al dente. Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to their packet instructions. Drain and leave to one side.
- While these cook, heat a large frying pan or wok with a drizzle of oil and add in the garlic, pepper, mushrooms and baby sweetcorn. Fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently and add in the mange tout or sugar snap peas. Continue to toss and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Prepare the dressing by stirring together the tamari soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup, sriracha hot sauce, vinegar and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained sea spaghetti and noodles to the frying pan or wok and pour over the dressing, tossing well.
- Divide between two bowls, top with some fresh herbs, seeds and chilli flakes.