Who doesn't love the sound of a recipe that combines sweet, nutty almond butter, crumbled organic tofu, organic wakame seaweed and noodles? This recipe, created for us by one of our favourite food bloggers whatluceeats.com, is just to die for. It's a stunning flavour combination we now just can't get enough of! Here's the recipe in full, give it a try for yourself. Serves 2-3 portions.
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 courgette (spiralised or sliced)
- 1 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced)
- 300g medium straight to wok noodles
- 20g Atlantic Kitchen Wakame seaweed
- 30g almonds (chopped)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- For the tofu
- 1 block of extra firm smoked tofu (smoked is optional)
- 1 tablespoon of smooth almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Firstly, prepare the tofu marinade by combining the almond butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic granules and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Crumble the block of tofu into the same bowl and coat the tofu evenly.
- In a large saucepan on a medium heat add the sesame oil along with the courgette, sliced red pepper and carrot. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the noodles.
- Meanwhile in a separate pan on a medium heat add the crumbled tofu and cook stirring occasionally.
- Whilst everything is cooking cover the seaweed in boiling water and after a couple of minutes drain it and add to the noodles and veg. Combine.
- Once the crumbled tofu has browned and hardened slightly mix it through the noodles.
- Serve with chopped almonds and a pinch of chilli flakes. Enjoy!