Try this super easy and seriously delicious take on the traditional recipe of Pasta Puttanesca. Teaming the sea spaghetti with normal spaghetti is a great way o introduce someone to seaweed who might be unsure. It's also great to add tonnes more nutrients to your favourite dishes.
- 160g dried linguine or gluten-free spaghetti
- 30g Organic Sea Spaghetti
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4-6 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 2 pinches dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp capers, rinsed and chopped
- 12 olives, pitted and chopped
- 200g tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the pasta according to cooking instructions until al dente. In a different pot do the same with the seaweed spaghetti, but cook it for couple of minutes longer so it has the same consistency as the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat 4 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic, anchovies and chilli flakes. Fry until the garlic is golden brown. Then add the capers and olives and continue frying for about 3 mins before adding the tomatoes and a pinch of salt. Cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
Using tongs, transfer the pasta to the sauce along with some of the pasta water, and increase heat for 3 mins. Then stir in remaining olive oil and top with the parsley.